Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem
Muthaakirah of Imaan:
Muhabbat of Allah – Pondering over what Allah (تعالي) has given us in favours by looking at our bodies, its organs, and also other favours of Allah (تعالي).
- الحَمْدُ لِلّه for friends.
A sahabi رَضِي الله عَنْه once asked Rasulullah صَلي الله عَليْه و سَلم, “Who can be the best companion for us?” Rasulullah صَلي الله عَليْه و سَلم answered, “Such a person that, when you see him, you remember Allah; when you listen to him, your knowledge of Islam is increased; when you see his actions, you are reminded of the life Hereafter.”
- الحَمْدُ لِلّه for good health.
Nabi صَلي الله عَليْه و سَلم once said something to the effect, “Take benefit of five before five: your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free-time before your preoccupation, and your life before your death.”
Sheikh رحمة الله عليه says that our life will become pleasant and worth living, if we develop our Imaan to the extent where two rakaats of salaah becomes more valuable in our sight than all the riches of this world.
Umme Salamah رَضِي الله عَنْهَا narrates that the last words of Rasulullah صَلي الله عَليْه و سَلم, which he could hardly utter, were about guarding the salaah and kindness towards the slaves.
Shaqeeq Balkhi رحمة الله عليه says, “Five things can be acquired through five channels:
- An increase in provisions through Chaasht Salaah.
- A light in the grave through Tahajjud Salaah.
- A very satisfactory answer to Munkar and Nakeer through the recitation of the Qur’aan Shareef.
- An easy crossing of siraat through fasting and alms.
- Room under the shade of Allah’s arsh on the day of Qiyaamah through seclusion (i.e. zikr).”
It comes in a Hadith Shareef, something to this effect, that Nabi صَلي الله عَليْه و سَلم said whoever holds onto his sunnah at the time when the ummah will become corrupt, will get the reward of 100 martyrs.
- Sunnah of giving and taking with the right hand.
- Sunnah of dusting the bed and reading the dua whilst dusting the bed.
- Sunnah of miswaak on awakening and when retiring.
May Allah grant us taufeeq to practice, Aameen!
Remember to make intention before doing your A’maal, because without intention our actions are futile.
Request for duaas.